“An invisible red thread connects those who

are destined to meet, regardless of time,

place, or circumstance. The thread may

stretch or tangle, but will never break.”

An ancient Chinese belief


Our family made the decision to adopt in June 2009. We pursued a special needs adoption, and we were blessed with a referral of the most beautiful girl on May 21, 2010. We originally started this website to fundraise for our adoption expenses by selling tutus and hair bows. Our fundraising efforts coupled with a grant from Lifesong for Orphans were a tremendous financial blessing. We traveled to China in late October 2010 to meet our daughter. Now, Emma Grace is home... forever.




Thursday, August 12, 2010

More Pictures!

Sara sent us some more pictures of our Emma Grace! Rick and I are friends with her on Facebook now, so she takes pictures and uploads them to Facebook and we are able to see everything that way. How it made my heart happy to see one of her photo albums labeled "This is for Emma Grace's forever family" Woohoo! We are really blessed to have our Emma in such an amazing place. For those that don't know, Sara works at PHF and obviously has a HUGE heart for these children. She is always taking pictures and sending them to sponsor families or forever families. I really think she is our angel, connecting us to Emma when we are half a world away from each other!

Here is our precious little girl- she must be learning to sit now!!!! I am hoping to witness the first steps :) I asked our coordinator about travel and she seems to think that we will be more towards the end of October. There is a trade show in Guangzhou the last part of October (this is the final part of our trip), so we have to avoid GZ at that time. So, we will probably leave the last part of October and head to her province and then finish up in GZ the first week of November. Only time will tell!
Is it just me, or does she seem to be showing a little bit of attitude? I think she might be posing. And she is sitting!!!!
She is so sweet. I hope her hair stays short so I can use some headbands in her hair.

I think she is so beautiful! She must be learning to sit, because her nanny is holding on to her. I can't wait to get my hands on this girl!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    I was so happy to see on facebook the pictures of Emma! She sure is a cutie!! PHF is a very special place! I hope you have time to visit when you are in China! It is such a wonderful place!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete