“An invisible red thread connects those who

are destined to meet, regardless of time,

place, or circumstance. The thread may

stretch or tangle, but will never break.”

An ancient Chinese belief


Our family made the decision to adopt in June 2009. We pursued a special needs adoption, and we were blessed with a referral of the most beautiful girl on May 21, 2010. We originally started this website to fundraise for our adoption expenses by selling tutus and hair bows. Our fundraising efforts coupled with a grant from Lifesong for Orphans were a tremendous financial blessing. We traveled to China in late October 2010 to meet our daughter. Now, Emma Grace is home... forever.




Sunday, August 29, 2010

Butterfly

Whenever we see a butterfly, we always think of our Emma Grace. I am not really sure how it started. I guess I read some adoption blogs and stories where people saw butterflies and they knew they had a child waiting for them. Well, when we started seeing butterflies more frequently, I said to my boys "this means that Emma Grace is coming soon!" Well, wouldn't you know we got our referral a few days later. It seems that we have always seen butterflies at important points through this adoption process. While swimming this summer, I actually had a butterfly land on my arm and just sit there. So, now we search out these butterflies and my older boys get SO EXCITED and start screaming "Emma Grace is coming, Emma Grace is coming!" Her room will have butterflies in it and when I see a shirt with a butterfly on it, I immediately think of her (and have to really hold myself back from buying it). Today, our family went to the fair and of course, our little butterfly followed us.


"The caterpillar thought its life was over.... until it became a butterfly."

No comments:

Post a Comment