“An invisible red thread connects those who

are destined to meet, regardless of time,

place, or circumstance. The thread may

stretch or tangle, but will never break.”

An ancient Chinese belief


Our family made the decision to adopt in June 2009. We pursued a special needs adoption, and we were blessed with a referral of the most beautiful girl on May 21, 2010. We originally started this website to fundraise for our adoption expenses by selling tutus and hair bows. Our fundraising efforts coupled with a grant from Lifesong for Orphans were a tremendous financial blessing. We traveled to China in late October 2010 to meet our daughter. Now, Emma Grace is home... forever.




Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Updated Pictures- again!

I got more pictures of my girl tonight. We got 6 in all and I am posting 3 on here. The other 3 look like she just woke up- very funny. Her hair was a mess and her eyes look so sleepy! So.... how did I get these pictures? I found the name of a lady who works at PHF and her email happened to be on Facebook. So, I emailed her and told her who I was and asked a bunch of questions about our daughter. She got back to me right away and answered them all. She confirmed that she is rolling over now but can't sit just yet. She also confirmed that she is a happy baby and smiles all the time. That is what a mama likes to hear! Then I emailed her back and asked for some pictures- and she sent 6 of them. I am so very thankful Emma Grace is in a place where communication is not stopped by a language barrier! I also want to mention that I emailed Dr. Moody last week and asked him about her immunizations. The last part of our trip is in Guangzhou, and all the children leaving for the US have to have a medical exam and they can not enter the States until they are current on immunizations by US standards. Well, many times these children end up getting 7 or 8 shots at a time- I even saw one child that got 11, and he had a heart condition. That is not right! These children end up getting fevers and very sick, and of course we don't want that to happen to our Emma! I emailed Dr. Moody my concerns and he said they will do their best to get her immunized with what is available. Small blessings like this are wonderful!


This picture was taken on June 23. This was before I requested pictures, so that means they are taking pictures of her on their own. I am hoping we get a copy of all the pictures they take!
I love this picture (check out the belt- stylin'). It is from June 29. She is smiling, which I love, and I see one tooth sticking out!
Photo from June 29, and mommy is very happy to see her on her belly and holding up that head. I can't wait to get her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment